Ilin Value Added Forestry Management Services Foundation (IVAFMS - 1999) offers practical, sustainable development of an agro forestry cottage industry on private land through assistance agreements, located on the islands of Ilin and Ambulong, San Jose, Mindoro Occidental, Philippines.
- Transform 10 poor villages into high-income agro forestry communities within 25 years.
- Income is produced within the first year.
- Completion of the pilot is foremost.
- Lessons learned expand the project to each village simultaneously.
IN THE PHOTO: The Philippines has over 300 edible types of fruit. In a local contest
IVAFMS staff asked students to name the fruit in the photo,
most fruit named ... eleven.
Barren/underproductive land is used moving supply chain into the community where value-add begins. Two million trees within five years ramping to twenty million trees through voluntary replication within 15 years. Scaling and replicating is feasible throughout the tropical third world.
- A self-sustaining locally based economy at the beginning of the supply chain
- Social interfacing with those who deforested, their adult children, who subsist; and grandchildren who have never known a forest or the rationale of having one
Development of 10 Remote Agro forestry Communities
- 20 has. and 200,000 trees worth US$8.2M...........external funding US$1,296,000
- 200 has. and 2,00,000 trees worth US$65M................external funding US$11,520,000
- 2,000 has. and 20,000,000 trees worth US$3.16B, internal/ext. funding US$115,000,000
Funding shifts from external to green endowment and finally self-funding.
PLEASE MARK THIS AS A FAVORITE, THANK YOU.